June 4, 2009

Quirks



An amazing little bloggist who writes a blog called, A "Cheery" Disposition, decided to introduce who she was and what makes her tick to all of her faithful readers. While I don't have a large following, I think it's a fun little activity to think deep about what makes a person who they are, and have decided to reflect upon my own life. I realize that my quirks are what make me who I am, and even though some of them cause grief from time to time I am proud of that. So this is me.... abridged.

* I am a strong believer in the "security blanket". For some reason I just can't watch a tv show, or a good movie without being cuddled up with my blankie. Even if it's 100 degrees outside, you will often find me snuggling on the couch wrapped in my comfy, soft blankets watching the tv with the ceiling fan on over me. When I was little I always pretended my blanket was magical. If I was under my blanket than I was safe and nothing could ever harm me... I still believe that deep down...

* When I listen to music I create soundtracks to my life in my head. I don't really enjoy listening to music unless I can see it fitting into my life at one point or another. I believe that's why i love the movie, The Holiday, so much. Because the music in that movie illustrated the story where words couldn't. "Just Breathing" by Ingrid Michaelson is the song on repeat in my head right now. It illustrates the idea that right now I am just sitting and waiting for things to happen in my life, in my family, in my future...
"The storm is coming, but I don't mind... All that I know is i'm breathing...I want to change the world, instead I sleep...all that I know is i'm breathing, all I can do is keep breathing..."


* When I paint, I love writing things on walls in the color that i'm painting the walls. When I paint over it it's like i'm hiding my own secrets in the walls of my home.

* I love puppies. I really have no emotion what-so-ever when I see a newborn baby, but I could coo over a puppy until the corners of my mouth hurt because my smile just won't fade.

* I love nights at home with Spencer. Making a pizza together, laughing, watching a good movie and talking about it afterward. I love that we can do absolutely nothing, and never be able to love each other more than in that moment.

* I may not have many people in my life anymore that i'm truly close to, but the people that are there are the fiercest people I could ever hope to laugh with, spend time with and rely upon. I used to think that my circle needed to be vast and diverse to be happy... now I have realized that the tighter circle is far better than I ever could have imagined.

* I love books. I love that feeling when you are reading a book and can't wait to turn the page and see what lies before you, but at the same time terrified to reach the end because you know it will be awhile before you find another book to give you that feeling.

* I often fantasize about having secret powers and magical happenings and I love books and movies that involve fantasy, whimsy and imagination like Ever After, Practical Magic, Penelope, Serendipity, Harry Potter, Eragon (the book), Hook, The Golden Compass and many more than I ever could name.

* I am terrified of getting the call that someone I know has been killed in a car accident. it's my greatest fear and I often have my throat catch in my chest when I know someone is driving and I can't get hold of them.

* I am a little O.C.D. I will lock the door and 3 seconds later have to check that I locked it, and still make Spencer check it before bed. I second guess myself a lot and even though I know I turned off the coffeemaker, or locked the door...I will stress myself out about it and go home to check.

* When walking through an empty parking lot at night, or walking down the street by myself I plan what I would do if sometime attacked me.

* My mind wanders too often than it should and often in the middle of another conversation. I have a hard time turning off my brain, and focusing on the things I need to.

* I love being able to say the word, "Love", and experience it as it spreads through my entire body. It's no longer a word to me, it's a feeling...a way of life.

* I am so happy in this moment, but so excited for the next moment and to know where my path in life is going.

C'est La Vie. :)

No comments: