Hi everyone!! My name is Mara from M Loves M. I am so excited to be guest posting for Jenni today! It's the last day of guest posts so she should be back tomorrow. I'm dying to hear all about the wedding and their beautiful honeymoon in Mexico! I've been reading Jenni's blog for over a year now and I remember when we both were two girls with boyfriends. Now she's married and I'm engaged! Matthew proposed to me in September so I decided to share some tips about staying sane throughout the engagement process and how to focus on the most important thing..marrying the love of your life!
1. Start off slow..enjoy the fact that you're engaged!
2. Look for venues first, especially if you have a specific date in mind. They often fill up over a year in advance!
3. Think about the most important aspects of your wedding. For me it's photography and getting married in our church and for Matthew it was the outdoor ambiance. If you focus on what's important you can realize where you're willing to sacrifice.
4. The guys don't always need to be included. If there's a bridal event, bring a girlfriend!
5. Remember: you're not just planning a wedding, you're planning a marriage!
Do any of you have any tips for staying sane throughout the engagement process? I know I'm probably missing a bunch!
I do weekly Wedding Wednesday posts so feel free to stop by and say hello!
Congratulations to Jenni & Spencer! I am so so happy for you both!