July 15, 2013

Hitting my Stride

I have officially decided to run in my first 5K!
I am waiting to see if my friend Steph will join me for a Color Run in September.
I think it will be a fun way for me to get started in doing them, and I'm super excited for the hot bod I hope to have from it all.

To train I have decided to start getting up early to take my dogs on a run/walk. Currently I am breaking up my run by running one block and then walking one block. The dogs keep me motivated to keep going and they love the morning activity. Each time I plan to push myself one house further in my run. In addition to that, I plan to continue hitting the gym 3-4x a week with a goal of running 3 miles in 30 minutes on the elliptical, and then allowing myself to either stop for the day, or do some extra cardio and/or weights if I feel the energy to keep going.

My diet is great! I eat lots of fruits, veggies and proteins every day and I drink water like a camel. So far, I feel great! I'm in clothes that I haven't been able to wear in a long time, and I can see the changes in my arms, legs and face as my body becomes more toned. I so far have lost about 12 lbs. The scale hasn't moved beyond that lately, but it also hasn't gone back up, which to me means that I am losing enough weight at the same speed that I am building up muscle. Eventually the scales will tip and I will be burning off the weight and keeping the muscle!

This week I will make it to the gym for two days in a row... but then it's break time.
Why?
I'll be in Florida!!!!
Just 32 hours or so until i'm on my way to the Sun and Sand!

-xoxo-
Jenni

No comments: