February 22, 2009

Hello World

Hello, my name is Jenni. I am new to the blogger world so I thought i'd introduce myself. I live in Kansas City, MO. The city is really building up with new places to go and becoming a great place to live. I can't wait for it to get a little bit warmer for the Farmers Market. I love waking up and going there for fresh veggies on the weekends.

I spend most of my time with my boyfriend Spencer. He's a really nice guy, although he sometimes doesn't answer my questions with actual answers. He thinks it's funny... i'm not so sure why.

We also spend a lot of time with Spencer's sister Sarah and her hairy man Zach. They are a lot of fun and we usually find something interesting to do, even if it's just going to the dogpark. They have dogs named Wilbur and Lola and I live my dog owner life vicariously through them. Spencer and I hope to bring home a playmate for them soon. We are leaning toward a German Spitz. Basically it's me in dogform. They are high energy and can be trained to do backflips. They also rarely are seen without a smile on their faces. sigh.... I think i'm in puppylove. :)

My favorite snack as you might have guessed it is ICE CREAM! Ben & Jerry's preferably. I love opening the freezer door at the grocery store and looking at all of the beautiful cartons laid out before me for my eating pleasure. I get nervous sometimes though and I just can't choose which one!

I work for a place called Burns & McDonnell. I get to do fun stuff like graphic design and photography, but I also get stuck with boring production work sometimes. I am in school to earn my Masters in Journalism/ Marketing Communications. I go to class on Tuesday nights after work. It's kind of annoying to have class and homework, but I really enjoy myself while i'm there and so far I have a 4.0! Go me! I'm hoping to move into the marketing aspects of our company and eventually work as a creative director, or move to a regional office and serve as the marketing contact and liaison for the creative services team here in KC. (I'm thinking maybe Chicago or San Francisco?)

My sister Andi is pregnant right now. her and my brother-in-law Jason will be welcoming their first son, Collin Mitchell Osiek, any day now! I'm really excited to meet my new nephew and be a good aunt. I haven't seen her in awhile, but I hear she's about ready to pop!

Speaking of new family members, my mom is getting married this year! My new "daddy" will be Tim. Tim is a pretty fantastic guy. I'm so happy he and my mom found one another. I guess eHarmony really does work!

Also, my favorite color is pink

1 comment:

Cristin said...

how weird I also have a hairy husband named Zach! :)