November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend!

Happy November!!

Can you guys believe it is already November! I am in disbelief in the moment, but it could have something to do with the fact that we are experiencing temperatures in the 60's when it should be WAY colder! ...but I won't complain. :)
It's going to be a long week. I have a paper due on wednesday and my aunt and cousin are in town from Florida! I have missed them sooo much and I am so happy because I got to take the day off work tomorrow to spend as much time as possible with them before they have to head back home. My cousin Cassie and I are only 6 months apart and grew-up inseparable. She is, and always will be, my very best friend. :) My aunt Barb is like a second mom. Growing-up if we weren't at my house, we were at Cassie's house playing Barbies, Precious Places, drawing pictures... or me sitting there while Cassie drew on my legs with lipstick. I can't wait to spend the day with her, Andi and Collin tomorrow! (Followed by a delicious dinner a la Spencer of falafel pitas) Barb and Cassie will get to see our house for the first time (and meet the babies!)

but first.... We had a WONDERFUL Halloween!!!!!!
Spencer and I went to our Halloween party on friday dressed as lawn ornaments and everyone LOVED it! If there has been a prize for best costume we are told we would have won! :)




Saturday I hung out at the house and watched movies all day until it was time to get ready for the greedy little trick-or-treaters. Seriously! Those kids don't hesitate to grab an entire handful of candy...and kids..candy is NOT cheap! I almost shed a tear as one little girl strolled away with 3 of my beautiful Reeses Peanut Butter cups! Zach and Sarah came over and we had a burrito feast and watched Shaun of the Dead...which was surprisingly a really great movie!
...The best part of the evening however was of course watching these adorable little pups trot around the house dressed as a turtle and squirrel. :) They even got bones from me as a Trick-or-TREAT!







....and of course, no Halloween is complete without pumpkins!



Happy Halloween!!
~ Hugs ~

Jenni

10 comments:

bananas. said...

lawn ornaments?! LOVE IT! the gnome and flamingo...abso-farkin-lutely genius!

kelleidoscope said...

The dogs costumes are just too freakin' adorable! I need to get into halloween again :(

The SSS Sophisticate said...

SO creative!!! Never would have thought of lawn ornaments! You guys looked great!

Tracy-Girl said...

Those dog costumes are the most adorable things ever!! Haha! Glad you had a good weekend and got to spend time with your fam!

Annie said...

oh my gosh!! i love your costumes!! how unique!! :) they do deserve an award, haha!!
the pups look adorable!! the pumpkins turned out fabulous!! someone has some mad carving skills ;)
glad you two had a great weekend!

Carol said...

Love the outfits! You are so creative! And the puppies look too cute!

Johanna said...

Oh man, those pumpkin puppies are adorable. Good job!

~KS said...

all of your costumes are awesome.... just when I thought those pups of yours couldn't get any cuter.... !!!

Happy November!

KLaw said...

Lawn ornaments? Friggin amazing!!

Kristin said...

Lawn ornaments...love it! Tres creative. : )