What would you take if you were him?
Here are a few things I have learned so far about you, my amazing followers....
1. Blogs were created for many different reasons, but all of them evolved into something that the writer never expected. Wether they were created for ladies moving away from home to keep in touch, as a relationship aid to help stay connected, an outlet to vent creative frustrations or simply out of boredom they have now become something entirely different. Friendships have bloomed, bloggers have discovered themselves through their own writing and people on opposite ends of the country have actually flown to visit blogger buddies and meet the face behind the screen!
2. Snow days are often spent cuddled up indoors, reading books, watching tv/movies and drinking hot chocolate...it doesn't matter as long as people are inside, warm, cozy and relaxed.
and now it's my turn. My turn to delve into the amazing questions you have asked and try my best to answer them with the flair you all possess! This may very well be multiple posts as I think it might be 3 pages long to answer them all at once...and to SG your question will be it's own post. I haven't ever told the story about how Spencer and I met...and I think it truly deserves to stand on it's own two lovely feet.
The first question comes from Katie of The Perks who asked two questions...
1. If you won a free trip to anywhere in the US where would you go? 2. What is your Favorite Meal?
Well Katie, if I could so anywhere in the US I think I would have to choose either Portland or Seattle. Spencer and I have talked about it on numerous occasions that if we were to move, we might pick one of these two places. The images I have seen of it are breathtaking and the blogger ladies from these areas that I follow seem to have an intense amount of passion for their hometowns. I would love to live in a place where people love being there and take pride in it.
My favorite meal would have to be a slow-roasted chickpea soup that Spencer made for my 25th birthday this year. It was truly phenomenal, and tasted even better because he made it with a dash of &hearts. haha.
I am also obsessed with mexican food. Tacos, burritos, guacamole, nachos...you name it, and I most likely &hearts it. :)
Next up, Corinne writes...
1. What did you used to want to be when you were younger? you know, like, "When I grow up I wanna become..."??
2. What is one thing that has followed you from your old/kid home-to your current home?
Ok guys, so don't laugh but when I was little...I wanted to be Minnie Mouse when I grew-up!
2. is a great question. The thing that has followed me is a little pewter lamb with a pink bow painted around it's neck. My father got it for me on a business trip when I was little and even though our relationship has changed over the years that little lamb helps me remember the way it was and the amazing childhood I had. :)
My favorite lady from across the pond, Simone, also asked two questions...
1) If you were on a desert island, what two things would you take with you - Spencer and the dogs not included??
2) Do you have siblings and if so, are you the youngest or oldest child?
haha, this lady totally knows me, because of course I would pick my babies and best friend first and foremost...however, if they couldn't be picked (I hope they would be there anyways) I would choose to bring my beach bag with sunscreen and a chaise lounge so I could really enjoy my time on the beach. My third item would be a satellite telephone so that when I was done lounging around in the sun I could call someone and come home. haha, i'm too much a city girl to enjoy being secluded for too long! I have an older sister named Andi. She's the second from the left. (See the family resemblence much?) who is going to be the maid of honor in my wedding! She and I have become the best of friends and I love calling her up on the phone to discuss my wedding and how my little nephew Collin is doing. :)
and finally, the lovely Rasha asked...
...and i'm not quite sure how to answer this. I think I loved him from the very beginning.
I know it sounds kind of naive to say that you just know...but I can't think of any other way to describe it. From our first date, through the 3 years and up until today we have just clicked. He is my best friend, the person I can tell anything to and the person that makes me smile the most to see. There was never any big moment of saying, "I love you". to one another....it was more just a given. I suppose this can be further explained if I tell you our history.... so SG , and everyone else...stay tuned for the story of how Spencer and I came to be... It's worth the wait...I promise!