June 14, 2010

A giant toilet

 Yes, that is what my basement is right now...
One giant toilet...
If you missed the story, you can read about it here
The waters have now receded.
They didn't get higher than 2 feet...
but what they left behind is disgusting..
poop, shit, feces, human waste...
yup...its officially covering the floor of our basement.
The city is supposed to be coming out to clean out the sweage pipes so this doesn't happen again...
but no sign of them yet..
and the sky is getting pretty gray, so I fear another storm is just on the horizon.

Watching the news this morning was insane. 
Every creek in town flooded.
One down the street from us rose 12 feet in 3 hours!
YES! 12 Feet!!
They had to evacuate an apartment building
and people had to be rescued from cars.
All of this, only a mile or so from our home!

Our insurance will cover damages,
but sadly i'm worried about us covering the deductible...
maybe the damage won't be too bad and we can just toss out stuff
and not claim it...
I need some good news...
I need something good to happen.
I need to get a job,
To go out and celebrate with Spencer
and eat crab legs until i'm sick
and then come home and cuddle with the puppies
and daydream about my new career....
I need all of this...

and no more poo....

6 comments:

carrie1 said...

Ewww... I hope you get rid of that stinky mess sometime soon! =(

I guess that is one upside of not having basements here in Va.

MCW said...

I could not even read this post because I am eating lunch. Blah!!!!

Shannon said...

Ugh that's awful I'm so sorry!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Eww im sorry, hope it gets fixed fast!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ohhhhh noooo!!!! I'm crossing my fingers for a quick fix!

Annie said...

AH!!! :( no way!!
i'm sorry you guys are having to deal with this!! that's just horrible!
i hope everything is fixed asap!!