June 14, 2010

Water water everywhere...

Sewage that is!
Right now it is 3:30am....
I am still awake...
listening to the burble of water 
and praying that the horrible downpour ends soon...

Our basement flooded again..
but this time...BADLY.
The city's sewer systems have backed up
and since midnight tonight we have had pooy brown water spewing 
up out of the drain in our basement,
and the one right outside our garage....
I am not exaggerating to say that at one point
it was over 2 feet of water!
and then...if it weren't bad enough...our own sewage pipe had the cap burst off!
The pressure had built up so much that all of a sudden it burst off and even MORE water rushed in...

We have moved everything that we could
away from all the damage...
but there is a LOT of stuff that will have to be thrown into the dumpster...
old furniture we planned to sell, some christmas decor that won't clean
and a TON of insulation that was waiting for us to put up in the garage....
I just hope it stops soon...
and you can bet at 8 a.m. the city water department will be hearing
from a VERY tired, VERY cranky, Jenni...

We really just can't get a break can we?
Or maybe this was strike 3 in a HORRIBLE streak of luck?
Lose job, dogs almost die, now basement turns into a giant toilet?
Seriously?! I hope things start to turn around soon.....

7 comments:

Belen said...

Aww, Jenni! :( I hope that ends soon for you! And I thought picking up my dog's poop was the worst...

Corinne said...

oh my goodness!! I hope you were able to get in contact with someone and they are on their way to help! What an AWFUL way to start off the day :(
I am thinking of you, your hubby, your doggies, and your home this morning!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely awful. I am so sorry :( :( :(

Mrs. Wedding Crasher said...

Oh no! That really sounds terrible :(

MCW said...

YUCK!!! You poor things! That really stinks (I hope not literally.) xoxo

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Ohmy...so sorry girl. Hope it's better now?! You poor thing!! :(

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Awww, im so sorry, that is just nasty... hope things get better!