June 1, 2010

Taking a deep breath

After a ridiculously long weekend, today has been wonderful.
A trip to the gym
A snuggle with the puppies
A berry smoothie fresh from my own kitchen....
It's been wonderful, and i've never felt more blessed. :)

I took this photo this afternoon. Sorry for the crappy camera quality.
Mia is doing much better. She goes outside to play and chases birds and squirrels like CRAZY
and then she comes in and crashes hard, sleeping for at least an hour at a time.
The doctors said that she would be sleeping a lot when we got her.

I have just never been so happy. Today I went to the gym for an hour, and just thinking about her and how she faught for her life was enough for me to keep pushing harder. I feel like the last 5 days have been a big nightmare. We watch her run around the yard playing, and if it weren't for the large shaved  area of her belly and forepaws it would seem like it had never happened. I have never valued life so much, and I will never again take for granted to feeling of their ruf nuzzling against my neck, or the gentle lick on my hand when I am sad. There are so many people who helped us through this ordeal, in particular my soon-to-be sister & brother-in-law who found the hospital and stayed on the phone with me directing me how to get there. For that I can never be more grateful.
And now, it's off to play some more with my babies. I hope you all are having a wonderful day! But before I do....a few notes....
1. Thank you to everyone who voted for us in the Dessy competition. Last I checked we were in the top 8. The judges pick the winner from the finalists (but im not sure if more than the top 4 is included in finalists or not, so keep your fingers crossed for us.
2. Today is the last day to enter the giveaway for the Ribbons carafe! 

Have a great day!
Jenni

11 comments:

Gwen said...

I missed your post this weekend some how but I am so glad they are both home safe and sound. It's amazing how quickly dogs and children bounce back. Enjoy your afternoon with those precious fur babies!!! XOXO

Katie S said...

So glad they are both doing so well...

Caroline said...

So happy everything is ok!! Sending you a hug! xo

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Glad she is doing better! Love you lady.

Annie said...

i'm SOOOOO glad both of your babies are doing better!! :)
hugs girly!!!

Meghan said...

I am so happy that your cute little puppies are doing so well:) Things are looking up!

Sarah Rae said...

Oh my look at that shaved pink tummy! She's probably loving the built in air conditioning of it!

Mrs. Wedding Crasher said...

Aw your puppies are soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

nice post,... like it.

Unknown said...

I am so glad she is feeling better! What a terrible situation. Prayers still going up!

kimbirdy said...

oh i'm so happy for you that everything is getting back to how it was, only better with a refreshed sense of appreciation for your little babies!