August 2, 2010

82 days until I do!

I'm getting married in 82 days!
LOTS of exciting things going on! Last week my summer class ended, and I am taking the fall semester off so I have 5 months ahead of me with no school to worry about! So what am I up to? Getting ready for the wedding of course!!!! In this post I talked about our cakes, but I have some new followers so i'll go back to the beginning. :) Spencer's sister is making our cakes, and we have decided to have 5. Why 5? Because I like uneven numbers and 3 just didnt seem right! None of the cakes will be too big. The one larger cake will be a 3-tier lemon vanilla cake. The other cakes are:
1. mocha-coffee, vegan chocolate cake
2. strawberry or orange poppyseed (Spencer's favorite)
3. caramel dulce-de-leche with sea salts
4. undecided. :)

To tie all of the cakes together we are going to be making bows or bands out of modeling chocolate and wrapping them around each cake. A vintage brooch wil then be attached in the middle of the band, or on the knot of the bow....soooo needless to say, we've been looking for brooches ever since! We have found a few, but still needed more so I turned to Etsy and came out lucky!!! The following brooches arrived today from Etsy seller Thrifty Miss Priss and they are perfect! They look blue in the photos, but they are white/clear crystal in person. She even wrapped them each in little hankies! Which will be perfect for the wedding day!!!
I also ordered the following brooches from seller Mykonos, and can't wait for them to arrive at my door! I imagine it will still be another week since they are coming from the other side of the world, but the seller has been wonderful and very attentive to answering all of my questions. I highly recommend her! Aren't they beautiful!?
We have found 3 others which match some of these almost exactly, so it should be fun to see where things get placed and how they all look together! Some may not be used, but if they aren't maybe they will be put somewhere else during the wedding! After the wedding I have planned to sell them all off as a batch and save a bride the hassle of having to track them all down, plus gain a bit of a profit off of my hard work...but Sarah made an awesome suggestion to turn them into napkin rings so I always have them! I think its genious and I may do just that!

I also just got my invitations created this weekend and ordered last night! It took me 3 whole days to create the pattern and make all of the elements for the invitations but i'm so proud of how they turned out!!!


This is our invitation...

Our RSVP card...
 Our Registry card...

I am so excited to see them in person! I ordered from Vistaprint, and got 50% off the whole order! They will be printed on a pressed linen paper and I think we may go buy some champagne colored envelopes so I can start getting them addressed to send out. EEP!

Plans for this week are to work out, eat healthy and maybe go lay outside once or twice because we are hopefully getting out engagement photos taken this week! Also, on saturday i'm celebrating me and my moms birthday with my mom, step-dad, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, grandma and Spencer! We're renting a pontoon boat for about 5 hours and going out on the lake! Then we will all come back, shower and go out to dinner somewhere :) I can't wait! I am so excited for all of the fun!

Hope everyone has a fabulous afternoon! You can find me at the pool!
Jenni
P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway for the flying love note necklace!!!!!  

7 comments:

Morgan said...

So exciting! I love everything. Your invitations are to die for. They will be even better in person. You're inspiring me as I start down this journey!!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

gorgeous stuff, I am so excited for you! I can't wait till I get to do this!

Shannon said...

Love love love the invitations!! They turned out great!!

The brooches are beautiful!!!

Summer Athena said...

everything in this post is beautiful, justlikeyou!

KatiePerk said...

the brooches & the invites are stunning! so creative!

Gwen said...

I love the idea of using brooches on your cake!!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!! XOXO

CK said...

It is all turning out so beautiful! My Wedding is just a few weeks before yours and we are just getting invitations out this week. Isn't it so exciting?!?!