March 16, 2011

Home Sweet Home

This week has been wonderful I love traveling to new places, but spending this week at home was just what I needed. I don't have to whip out my GPS to go get a sandwich for lunch or find my way around town. I have a stove I can cook meals on...and of course I get to spend some time with my hubby and pups. I just love them!


 I couldn't ask for better weather either! Usually KC is kind of hit-and-miss in the Spring, but twice this week i've been able to go sit outside and bask in the sun's glow as the sun was starting to set. Saturday I sat out reading my book, and tonight I sat at the table, listened to the birds sing and got some work done on my laptop. Truly lovely and relaxing! I do however find myself longing for a beach vacation for me and the mister. Somewhere beautiful and relaxing and exciting...like our honeymoon! sigh....must get back there soon!
sigh....pure heaven....
 It doesn't help matters much that Top Chef is in the freaking Bahamas right now! It's so pretty! Clear blue water, beautiful sandy beaches and OH the seafood!!!!!! my mouth is salivating! All of you who live on the coast....I am so jealous! We may have some mean steaks and Bbq here, but seafood is not something you can readily trust!
Alright...back to being excited to be home! I made a delicious baked chicken tonight with sun-dried tomato, some carmelized onion and a little drizzle of feta dressing. It was so good! Paired with some delicious fresh steamed asparagus it was the perfect healthy meal. So nice to eat something fresh out of the oven, and not from a bag or box!

Things have been so wonderful. I'm finally getting settled into my groove, and i'm excited to get back to the things that make me happy. Find that nice balance in my life between work and home.  I have been catching up on your blogs, and its a nice breath of life to see that the world is still turning and beautiful things still exist around the world. I have started working out, starting eating healthy and taking time to step outside and feel the sun shine down upon me. I hope everyone is having a lovely day. Friday I, along with many others, will be participating in a Blogger day of silence for those affected by the Hurricane and Tsunami in Japan. Please visit www.ForJapanWithLove.com to learn more about how you can help.
C'est la vie!

Jenni

4 comments:

Alison Kinsey said...

It sounds like you're doing really well these days! I too would love a beach vacation. Somewhere really warm and hot, like Florida or the Caribbean!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

What an adventure -- I would do anything to be on a beach right now :)

Lindsey said...

Your pups are too cute!! I was in Seaside, FL a few weeks ago! I so didn't want to come home! It's always nice to get away from the grind though!

have a great week!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Your pups are super cute!! :) And yes for great weather...spring needs to arrive here tomorrow...at the very latest. ;) Oh I wish.