May 23, 2011

Geez...

I wish Mother Nature would give us a break already! I know we haven't exactly treated her with kindess over the years, but it's getting ridiculous....Yesterday a tornado struck my sister's town, Joplin, Missouri. My brother-in-law,  newphew and her are all ok with no damage to their home, but others were not as lucky. 20% of the city has been decimated, which includes about 75% of the main portion of town. The death toll is sitting at 89 and rising. The high school, the hospital, dozens of restaurants and the homes of at least 3 of my sister's friends have all been flattened by the tornado that left a 6 mile long path of destruction...
I just hope that this is the last of nature's fury for awhile....

3 comments:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh my gosh I'm so glad to hear they are okay. Just awful. My heart goes out of everyone there....

Unknown said...

Glad to hear they're okay... My heart is broken by the news coverage. I'm donating 20% of my shop sales to the relief efforts, since I can't go down there to help.
XoXo

Alison Kinsey said...

I am so sad about all of these tornados. It seems like this year more than past years, there have been far more destructive ones.
I'm so happy to hear your family is okay!