August 13, 2012

Monday Mumblings

Monday... why did you come so soon?
This weekend was great. I was able to photograph a maternity session of my oldest friend and her husband. We had a blast and the photos are beautiful! Sadly, I left my camera at home and can't share any of them with you all. I laid outside for a bit, did some shopping and spent time with the husband. Overall it was a great few days away from the hustle and bustle of work. This morning however it was a little tough to wake-up, thanks to the dreary skies over KC today! I love nothing more than sleeping in on a rainy day...waking up and having to get motivated on one is almost unbearable!
The chill in the air has me thinking of the Fall. I want to wear sweaters and boots, take the dogs for a walk, simmer soups all afternoon and enjoy a warm meal with cornbread. I want to have a caramely, delicious pumpkin latte and smell the intoxicating fragrance of crisp leaves and wood smoke. It will be here before we know it...and well... my email brought me a little something this morning....

Today I Love...
Sure it's just soap.... but its a sign of the fall season coming soon!
I think I need one of these beauties from Restoration Hardware to keep at work when I get a little chilly!
(Maybe one for home as well)
This weekend Spencer I went to see The Bourne Legacy (which was fabulous!) and I didn't finish my candy... i'm slowly nibbling on these little squares and it's making my Monday a little more special.

and last but not least... I am so excited for Grimm tonight! I love that NBC decided to do an early premiere! It may be a little bit cheesy, but I just love trying to figure out which fairytale they are basing it on and solve the mystery each episode! Such a fun show :)
I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Jenni

No comments: