November 27, 2012

Burritos, Chocolate & Turkey?

I can’t believe that in 4 short days I will be devouring a lions share of turkey, mashed potatoes and hot buttered rolls. Mmmmm my mouth is salivating just thinking about the delicious Thanksgiving Smorgasbord that I will be putting into it!


Each year time seems to slip away faster and faster. It’s crazy for me to think that I am now almost 30, months away from a Masters degree and in my 3rd “career” since my undergrad graduation! Life has a funny way of speeding up without you realizing it. I don’t have to tell you all that this year has been especially hard, but it’s also been amazing and rewarding. I feel like my life is on the right track in regards to my family, my career and the amazing future that I know I am heading into it. I just can’t help but be Thankful…

I’m a little behind on the Thankful train… 19 days to be exact… but these are the things I can’t help but think about in all of those quiet moments. The things that make me smile and reflect on how very lucky I am.

First and foremost I am thankful for my husband. He has gone by many names to me this past year… My monkey, My Rock, My “Porpoise” and my Big Grizzley Bear… but he is the one person who I know I can always rely on and I love standing beside.

 I am thankful for my babies. Mia & Betty may be INCREDIBLY annoying at times… like at 4am when I get scratched in the side or pounced on with urgent demands to go outside… but they make me smile, they comfort me when I’m sad and they bring so much laughter into our home.

 While I’m at it…I’m thankful for our home! It’s tiny, it’s unique and it’s just perfect for Spencer and I as we grow our family. We’ve even been doing some long awaited decorating! (photos will come soon!)

 I am thankful for Restoration Hardware blankets. They are soft, fuzzy and I love snuggling up on the couch with one each evening.

 School… ick. I may hate going to classes. I may throw a HUGE temper tantrum each Tuesday night at I head out the door. But without school I wouldn’t have the job I do or feel the sense of accomplishment that I do.

 …and lets not forget my job! I get to be home each night! How great is that?! No more hotels for me J

 A big thank you to the Republic of Tea! I love having a warm cup of tea each morning as I check my emails and prepare for another day on the clock. Mmmm Plum spice J

 And it may be cheezy, but thank you IMDB. I love checking out the upcoming movies, seeing that’s playing now and being able to look up quick facts like, “Who was that chick with the pink hair?!”

 Chipotle burritos… you know I wouldn’t forget about you! Warm cilantro lime rice with shredded carnitas and LOTS of delicious guac! On my goodness, date night wouldn’t be the same without you!

And who could forget…

 Starbucks Peppermint Mochas and Cranberry Bliss Bars for being so delicious.
 The Walking Dead for giving Spencer and I a great Sunday night date.
 Hoodies! Who doesn’t love hoodies??
 My Kindle. I still love the smell of paper, but I LOVE being able to read and not hurt my wrist from the heavy weight of a book. J
 Dark Chocolate. I hated the stuff as a kid… but now I wish I could have it every single day!
 Soup Season. Beginning in October and moving through February I eat soup for just about every single lunch.
 Clear blue skies and bright fall leaves for my drive home
 Space heaters…because it’s super cold in my office!!!

...and of course, my friends, my family and my health. 
I believe that goes without saying...




Happy Turkey Week!
“Gobble Gobble”
Jenni

No comments: