A few weeks ago the lovely Liz of Getting Some Fun out of Life gifted me with the fabulous "Happy 101" award!
In honor of the award I am to list 10 things that make me happy....but for a little twist i'm also going to update you on the fabulous things that have been happening in my life and the ways that i'm making lemonade from my lemons. :)
1. I went this morning to get fitted for my wedding gown and get it ordered! I am so sorry that I can't show you pictures on here (I really don't want my fiance to stumble upon them and ruin the surprise) but I can tell you that when pictures are finally posted I think it will take everyones breath away! Trying it on this morning felt even better than the first time I tried it on. In my cousin's (who is also a bridesmaid) words the dress looks like it was made for me. Its everything I ever wanted. Simple, clean and elegant with just the right amount of decoration. A tight bodice that makes me feel regal and wonderful, and a skirt that will billow around me as I twirl. Everytime I think of my gown I can't help but smile from ear to ear and picture the moment when I walk down the aisle and take Spencer's hand in mine to become man and wife. I am simply ecstatic!
2. My mom is getting married! She had been planning to be a June bride, but complications came up and my future step-brother enlisted in the army and was going to be gone during the wedding. So now they are getting married in a week and a half! A simple ceremony at their home with close family followed by a big dinner at the Hereford House to toast the new couple! I am so excited for Tim to be my father-in-law and so thrilled to see my mom so happy!
3. I found out that Dessy, the maker of our bridesmaid dresses, also make little flats to match the dresses! I plan to buy a pair and when my feet begin to hurt from all the dancing, dining and posing of the day I will be able to slip them on for a fun beautiful addition to the day!
4. My nephew Collin turned 1 year old!!! He's getting to be such a big boy! Walking...starting to talk... he's ahead of the curve! (and a cutie to boot!)
5. I have had two interviews and both have gone well! The first was with an advertising company like I mentioned in my previous post. The second was this past monday with Garmin. It's for a production artist and was over the phone. It went great and I have a feeling I have a good shot at getting an in-person interview. I should hear from them first thing next week!
6. Spencer and I have decided to get a gym membership. We were worried about our finances but I don't do well stuck at home and i'm starting to lose my motivation to work out. We have a 24 hour fitness that is only 2 minutes from our house and has a lap pool! I am so excited to get my membership and start swimming, running and lifting! The gym I used to have at my old job was nice, but it was outdated. The equipment was old...and it was REALLY cramped. You could seriously reach out and touch a person on each side of you! It will be nice to have more options, more space and classes I can attend!
7. Mia has found a new place to hang out. Everyday as I let her outside she will at one point or another hop up on the patio rail. She seems to love it up there and looks so happy as she surveys the yard from above! (She's part cat, I swear!)
8. We have had some beautiful days lately! Sunny days, blue skies, cool breezes....and a freak snowstorm leaving 12" this past weekend that melted in 1 day! It's a perfect time to not have to go to work. To be able to go out and enjoy the beautiful day. To take a trip to the dog park, or play frisbee with the dogs in the backyard. Simply lovely.
9. I received the sweetest package in the mail this week from dear sweet Lacey of Lacey in Love . She sent me this beautiful pillow cover and the sweetest card, telling me to hang in there and that good things were going to come my way! Th photo DEFINITLY doesn't do it justice, and once I get a pillow to slip into it I will take a better photo! Thank you so much Lacey, you truly brightened my day and made me realize how lucky I am to be connected to so many jaw-droppingly amazing women through this blogging network. I am amazed and humbled by your kind heart, sweet words and endearing gesture.
10. Life is looking up. Each day I find new jobs I want to apply for, I have new amazing things happen and I feel a little more confident that everything is going to work out. Thank you so much for everyone who has stood by me through this difficult time. I wish I had more moments in the day to read your blogs and leave such amazing comments as the ones I have received. I can not thank you enough. You are all amazing in my eyes!