March 3, 2011

I am such a lucky girl...

A few hours ago I posted this... a simple post to address that a year ago today I was laid off, and how after all this time, I am in an amazing place... I am truly happy. I didn't want to get sappy, and turn today into a moment of mourning for what was. I wanted to celebrate what has been. I am in an amazing job, I am married to my best friend in the entire world, I have two healthy happy little furry monsters and we have a happy home. I love my life. (Even if I do miss my husband terribly when i'm away)

I am sitting in a hotel room in Arkansas at the moment, contemplating what I want to do to fill my time tonight, and decided to check our my husband's new blog. It is mostly dedicated to beer and his love of it. His posts are short, to the point and filled with an undercover wit that I can't help but adore. I expected a post about a new black and tan he created, or an ale with a special flavor.. what I didn't expect brought tears to my eyes and made me realize just how lucky and in love I am...
"One year ago today, at actually the almost the exact time that I am writing this I received a call from my now wife informing me that she had been laid off from her job. They had fired her for HR reasons... Since they were firing people in other departments they felt it morally justified to fire necessary people in needed departments. It has been a long hard year, with a flooded house, one of our dogs almost dying from an unknown poison that she had eaten, and well a general lack of income among many other things.
Even though I am now sitting at home typing this alone while my wife is away on her new job (travels 3-5 days a week), i am thankful for every thing that happened. We would have never come out this strong in the end if it hadn't happened. And I know our marriage can survive damn near anything life can throw at us after all that we have been through. Here's a big middle finger to you B&M, followed by a high five for getting her out of a place that I know she would grow to despise as time went on.
Here is to moving on, Cheers!"
My husband is not one to talk about feelings, or about all of the mushy stuff. He shows his love for me in practical ways. By making me a fancy sandwich after a hard day, installing a fancy new shower head while i'm away at work, letting me watch Desperate Housewives when I know he wants to watch Family Guy, trading wit while on a long car ride or occasionally just a special smile or look in his eye that I know has a lot of feeling behind it. I love you Mr. Schaub, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, and experience everything that life has to offer for us together. The good AND the bad. :)
Jenni 
 
 

7 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

That is so sweet. I think an amazing husband is better than any job out there! ;)

Trac~ said...

Awww... how sweet is that! By the way - where in Arkansas are you staying? I'm from there originally and really miss "home". I hope you're somewhere good! Enjoy your time there. xoxoxo

Caroline said...

This is incredible!! You two are a beautiful couple!! XO!

Marian said...

Aw, this is adorable!! SO happy for you guys

Meri said...

Good for you for pushing through a setback. Looks like you're doing great!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

This is such a sweet post!

Miss Sweet Tea said...

So sweet, and love the picture!

Have you shared your husband's blog? My boyfriend recently started a beer blog as well, and he's looking for similar blogs to follow!

If you want, send your hubby over!

http://www.thebrewtalyeti.blogspot.com/

Have a good week,
Angela