March 6, 2011

The weekend is over...

It went so fast! I worked all week in Arkansas and decided to spend the night at my sisters house on friday night. (She's an hour outside of Arkansas, and on my way home!) We went to a dance night at her local club. She's part of a community group that does ballroom dancing, and the majority of the members are 60+. It was fun. I chased my nephew around and kept an eye on him while they danced around the circle with all the extremely agile elderly dancers. It was fun! After that we went back to her house and watched Daybreakers...
 TOTALLY not what I expected! A post-apocolyptic movie where the world is filled with Vampires?! Freaking nuts....and kind of funny... my brother-in-law was a giggling little schoolgirl when cheesy lines like, "Life's a bitch, and then you don't die." were said. haha...oh man....

Saturday morning I headed home an relaxed for a bit. Did some cleaning, relaxed on the couch, enjoyed time with the puppies and took a small nap. At 6:30 Spencer came home and we went out for some delicious sushi with friends! Mmmmm LOVE me some Las Vegas and Spicy Salmon rolls! For those in the KC area, I HIGHLY recommend Jun's on State Line Rd. They are kind of stuck back in a strip mall, but any sushi lover that we have taken there have fallen in love with it and converted it to their "go-to" favorite!
mmmmm....perfect way to spend a Saturday night...and DELICIOUS to boot! When we got home we watched lots of TV shows that I had DVR'd all week, and baked some tollhouse cookies.... ready-made packs of dough ready to just drop in the oven are AMAZING!

Today has been a day of filling out paperwork, spending time with the puppies, doing laundry and preparing to head back out of town to Houston, Tx. for a few days. It will be a short trip this time, leaving tomorrow at noon and being back Thursday at noon. Then I have a WHOLE week here in KC! I'll be working at a local hospital and i'm excited to get in some good time with the hubby and the pups. :) I also did something exciting tonight.... but, it ties into my Resolution for this week!
As you all know, I've been following along with Mara, making small resolutions for each week in 2011! 52 weeks and 52 resolutions! I've been really enjoying being able to re-focus and re-fresh and so far this year has been great! I have started my new job, transitioned into getting used to it all and i've already finished 17 books so far in 2011! Now, my goal is to get back into getting in shape, and tonight I made a big commitment to it. So my #1 resolution this week is...
Week 8
1. Get used to being the newest member to the Weight Watchers community!!! That's right...I signed-up tonight. With all the travel I'll be doing it will be nice to have lists of foods, and a point system to stay accountable to. (Especially since I'll have to pay for it!)
2. Hit the gym as much as possible (even just the one in the hotel) and do 300 crunches at least 3 times this week. I really want to strengthen up my abdominals, and I think it's going to help me a lot. I can run for hours, but it doesn't help me lose weight in my tummy....so even if my butt and legs look amazing, I need to tone up my middle section...

So this should be a great week! Followed by a week at home...and then...I'm heading out to Fort Lauderdale, Florida for a week!!!!!! YAY! I can't wait to go! It will be a very very busy week with 7 photographers to train...but I am so excited to get out into the sun! Well, better finish up the laundry and pack up the bags...See you tomorrow Houston!
Jenni

No comments: