March 8, 2011

Skinny Minnie

via
 I am going to be a Skinny Minnie...or maybe just a Skinny Jenni! This week is my first week doing watch watchers. Two days in,and I think it's really going to keep me on track. It's difficult because I am still getting everything figured out and seeing who offers what while i'm on the road. I think soon enough it will get a little easier, but it definitely makes me think twice about what i'm putting into my body! I'm doing pretty well so far, and had a delicious sweet onion chicken terriyaki sub for dinner tonight. At only 9 points it's filling AND satisyfing!
Has anyone out there done Weight Watchers?
What were your favorite menu items when you went out to eat?
I also hit the eliptical tonight and ran a good 3 miles, and then lifted some weights. It feels good to be sore! I've missed it. I'll be home all next week so i'm hoping to get lots of fresh fruits and veggies to eat throughout the week, and maybe hit my Zumba class! Oh Zumba...How I have missed you! It's been too long my friend.

In other news, it has been a LONG two days. 
Yesterday I was on planes all day long flying into Houston, Tx.
On a sidenote: NEVER FLY AMERICAN! I freaking HATE American Airlines! The seats are tiny, there is no leg room and the flights are always packed in as tight as possible. In fact, the last two times i've flown American they have overbooked the flight and tried to get people to take a later one. I mean really...how hard is it to assign one person to each seat? If ANYTHING good comes from these flights it's that it makes me want to go take a run, drink a bunch of water, eat only salad and finish off with some Exlax. Seriously... I'm an average weight person and I can't even begin to imagine someone who is a little more plus-size being comfortable on the flight...
Tomorrow will be my last day here, and then I fly out early on Thursday morning. I'll be home by noon! I can't wait to spend a week at home with my hubby, the puppies and actually be able to cook myself dinner! WOO HOO!!!! Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!
Jenni

9 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

OMG. I love your blog. My name's Anna, I'm a stylist and visual merchandiser in LA. I'm 23 years old and moved to California after graduating back in south with a degree in visual merchandiser. I've worked with such designers as Max Azria, Nicole Richie, and my idol Rachel Zoe. I'd love if you visited my new blog for multiple posts a day on all things fashion. I'd love the support. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Corinne said...

I was a member of WW last summer/fall and I really enjoyed it. I'm never one that can count calories so it was a great alternative for me. I had success and really learned a lot. I stopped for a while and now that they've revamped their program I'm about 95% sure that I'm going to join online (I did the weekly meetings before). Do you like the "new" program? It's supposed to provide a lot more flexibility which I'm really interested in. It's difficult at first but with time it becomes easier - and especially with me because I noticed I typically eat the same types of foods, so it becomes much easier to remember points!

I will never fly AA again, either. We flew my Dad up to visit us via their airlines and let's just say it was the most awful thing ever. My poor dad! All for a weekend! I wrote a complaint letter and all they did was offer us $50 off our next flight booked with them. NO THANKS. Their flights are overpriced and I would never consider it anyway.

Hope your flight home goes well!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ugh, I just had a major spat with another airline who was trying to say a $600 voucher I had was expired!! I fought back and got it all back but still, such a pain!

Diana Mieczan said...

Good luck with the weight watchers:) My friend loves it too! Kisses, sweeetie and have a great day

Ps: I’m hosting a charming jewelry GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Btw: I adore your dogs:) aww they are so sweet

Eva said...

I did and I seemed to have a lot of trouble staying on points. I just like food too much I guess.
I'm sure it will go great for you!

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

haha - LOVE the skinnie minnie thing - i SOOOOO need to get back to getting healthy - i put some lbs and SOOOO need to get motivated and DO something about it - this post just did that ! treadmill here i come!

~LAST DAY 2 JOIN CUSTOM SIGN GIVEAWAY~

*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

I flew American once and I will never ever do it again. :( I felt like a sardine. :((((((

Thanks for your comment earlier girl.

Hope your day is great today. :D

xoxo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Hope you're having a fabulous time being home with the hubs!