October 18, 2011

Barbie got inked!

Toy design Tokidoki has always been my favorite! They make these cute little "Cactus pups" and I just think they are so cute! Well, just recently Tokidoki released the Tokidoki Barbie! She features pink hair, hipster clothes, her very own cactus pup...and tattoos!
Barbie got some ink!
How cute is this?! 
Sadly, parents are up in arms and angry about this new doll. They are saying that the tattoos are a bad influence on young impressionable girls...

What do you guys think?
I know I would have LOVED this Barbie when I was little!
Jenni

6 comments:

Kendall said...

I love that they finally made a Barbie with tatoos. It's not like it's the end of the world!! :)

Summer Athena said...

LOVE THIS!!!!!!

Carolyn said...

OMG! I love this Barbie!!! I wish they had one like this when I played with them! haha :)

Nicole said...

I love it! And forget about wanting it as a kid, I almost want to get one now! As for the parents, they can just tell their kids they're temporary tattoos. Geez, there are a lot worse things Barbie could be doing.

Loui♥ said...

I'm not into tattoos for anyone/anything at any age..
However, I am still into Barbie since her arrival on scene over 50 years ago!
I've appreciated all Barbies throughout the years..
She has inspired little girls through their imaginative process/playtimes..
as well as their mommies long before they were even born..
I thank Mattel for Barbie..
for their consistency!
yep..loving this one too!
warmest hugs.. Loui♥

and so it goes.... said...

Aw! I LOVE it! It lets girls know they can be who they are!

Cute blog

xo