December 4, 2012

Sparkle Sparkle!


A few weekends ago my mom, sister and I got together and went through my grandmothers jewelry. Being a smoker, everything was absolutely filthy. We divided everything up and I headed home knowing everything would need a nice cleaning before I would wear it.

While at mom’s my sister had given me a tip of how to clean it, and I can’t believe how well it worked! All of the smoke, grime, dirt, discoloring, etc. is gone and it was soooo easy! So what was this magic product?

Yeah, Mr. Clean floor cleaner. (The yellow kind) Just take a bowl, pour some in and let your jewelry sit in it for a few hours, or even overnight. Aparantly the floor cleaner is gentle enough it won’t harm the jewlry, but it cleans deep. Once I pulled out each item I just had to rinse it off and scrub it with a soft-bristle brush. Voila! Beautiful sparkling jewelry!

Happy Tuesday!
Jenni

PS- Make sure to only use the yellow one. The colored ones may leave a slight color cast due to the dye that add to make them look that way.

PPS- Tonight is my last finance class ever! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Thanks for the tip! You should do a post on the favorite jewelry you received from her! I always love looking at vintage jewelry!